Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Expert Forum
post lap band surgery
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Choosing a Bariatric Surgeon, Complications, Considerations, Cosmetic Surgery, Diet and Eating, Emotional Issues, Gastric Bypass Surgery, Health Insurance Issues, Lap Band Surgery, Nutritional Issues, Pre Surgery Issues, Post Surgery Issues, Questions to Ask Your Surgeon, Roux Y Gastric Bypass, StomaphyX, Success Stories, and Transoral ROSE.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

post lap band surgery

I'm concerned over my daughter in law's eating habits after her lap band surgery. She had numerous counselings prior to procedure & we were told she would not be able to drink carbonated beverages, eat sweets or pastas or breads. Since the surgery she says she has problems with eating protein foods as meat or foods that would be good for her. She will eat a small amount & then proceed to vomit up food in bathroom. She then eats ice cream, cake ,chips & dip, carbonated sodas,  candy & so forth without any trouble. Today for instance she has had a large bowl of ice cream for breakfast , chips & dip & soda later & numerous chocolate candies. Thats all by noon. I thought eating sweets could make you diabetic after this surgery. She hasn't been back to her surgeon in 6 months or more. Is this ok or should we be worried? Thank you.