Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
removal of lap band

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

removal of lap band

I had my lap band removed on June 30, 2010 and am so relieved that I had this done.  Has anyone else done this and how long is the recovery?   I am not going to have the band reinserted at a later date.  Thanks for any answers.
Hi, O am having mine removed this week, i have had it replaced once before and now it has failed again. I am now at pre band weight. I am opting to have gastric sleeving instead. How did your recovery go after removal?
I would like to know from both of you is the removal due to complication or minimal weight lost.  Please share because I'm having some issues with my band but I never thought to remove it.
I am having my lap band removed on Friday. and I am really scared. it did not work for me and my doctor said it does not work for a lot of people and he does not do it anymore.  he suggested the sleeve but I'm not going to do it I think i'm just going to go back to old ways of trying to lose the weight by changing eating habits for the hundredth time
I am having my lap band on the 25th of this month.  I am so ready to be able to eat and not throw up everything I eat or drink.
Hi how did it go with the removal ? I'm considering it ..is it as painful to get it taken out?