Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
seeing the surgeon next week
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

seeing the surgeon next week

Hi everyone. I am a female 28 years old and have gained a lot of weight since my drs turned me from hyperthyroid to hypo using radioactive iodine. I currently weigh 247 and am approx 5'6.  i have been stuggling with my weight ever since. My thyroid is controlled by taking suppliments and i exercise daily and eat around 600 calories a day with no prevail. My endocrinologist has referred me to a surgeon to do the lap band surgery. I see him next week but have so many  questions. How effective is the surgery for weight loss? I would like to lose around 80 pounds to be at a weight of 160. Is the surgery recovery long? Or painful? Once the weight is gone is it possible to have the band removed? Will i be safe to have a child with the band in place? Basically i want to know all the negatives that they dont tell yu up front. Thank you for your time
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank