Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
was 333 lbs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

was 333 lbs

March 8th 2012 i had my gastric procedure! I was 333 lbs. I have as of today lost 143 lbs. Now i am aware that i am only at the sixth month point but i have chosen this as a lifetime change! I went into this with the suport of my family and close friends. I did NOT go into this for looks! I am 42 years old and have been overweight for 30 some years. I have four childern who are quickly leaving home to start thier own lives. I want to have fun with my grandchildern and hang with the love of my life. I say all of this to encourage those who are looking into this procedure to go for the health of it! To be healthy is a beautiful thing!
I am waiting on funding for a gastric bypass as i have had a number of health issues, back injury so unable to exercise, gastritis due to taking anti infammatrys for years & also had gallbladder out in march, i am 38 with 2 young daughters & tried many diets including lighterlife which caused gallstones, i need to do it for health reasons but am terrified of something going wrong.