Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Alternative to Eyebrow Pencil?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Alternative to Eyebrow Pencil?

I have always had thin brows. I have used eyebrow pencil up till now, but am wondering if there is a better alternative out there and if so who makes it?
Blank
908392_tn?1316526499
You should try to find a eyeshadow shade close to the shade of your eyebrows and feather it in. It looks less harsh then a pencil.
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
908392_tn?1316526499
You should try to find a eyeshadow shade close to the shade of your eyebrows and feather it in. It looks less harsh then a pencil.
Blank
285927_tn?1380802356
Thanks, I found a product by bare essentuals that is a powder and some brushes, it had a high rating. I will report as to how good it is after trying it. I use a taupe eyebrow pencil as my eyebrows are blonde, most eyeshadow is too dark but will keep looking.
Blank
I have thin brows to but i found part of my promblem comes from the way they were being shaped could this be affecting u or are they just so thin it wouldn't mattter
Blank
285927_tn?1380802356
Mine come from years of over plucking I think! lol, not to mention that now they are lighter than my hair so without pencil you cannot see them! I am hoping the bare essentuals works, Im still waiting on it to arrive... I will report back after I try it
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Teko, if you end up unhappy with the product you ordered, there's a product by Merle Norman that is specifically for the brows that I use.  Probably similar to what you've ordered.  It's a pressed powder and comes with little slanted brushes that makes it easy to apply.  Comes in light brown so doesn't show up too harsh.
Blank
285927_tn?1380802356
Thanks Jade. Well I got it, put it on dry and did not like it, was almost too light, so I added a little bit of water on the brush and things went much better! I I think I will check out Merle Norman too just for the color choice.  Or the eyeshadow suggestion as well. So yes the product works but I am still thinking there is something better out there. I know one lady that got the permanant eyebrow color but I dont want to do that because when Im 70 I don't want that surprised look! EW! lol
Blank
1092524_tn?1330778710
I personally use wet'n'wild eyebrow set it looks like normal shades,
it contains wax, which ur to apply fist, and then the color , they have a cute brush and a mirror and its so cheap!
you should google it, or just any other company for eyebrow set,
it works much better than a pencil, i also have one set with a transparent template you put over your eyebrows and just fill in with the brush.

Blank
285927_tn?1380802356
Update: I tried eye shadow in a taupe color! Awesome! Perfect! I applied it and then brushed it out and then put a clear eyelash gel over it. Great! Looks natural, adds definition without looking harsh! Great tip! Thanks to you all who posted. Problem solved!
Blank
908392_tn?1316526499
YAY! I'm glad it worked. :D
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Beauty & Cosmetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity