Aa
A
A
Close
Alternative to Eyebrow Pencil?
I have always had thin brows. I have used eyebrow pencil up till now, but am wondering if there is a better alternative out there and if so who makes it?
Cancel
10 Answers
Page 1 of 1
908392 tn?1316526499
You should try to find a eyeshadow shade close to the shade of your eyebrows and feather it in. It looks less harsh then a pencil.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks, I found a product by bare essentuals that is a powder and some brushes, it had a high rating. I will report as to how good it is after trying it. I use a taupe eyebrow pencil as my eyebrows are blonde, most eyeshadow is too dark but will keep looking.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have thin brows to but i found part of my promblem comes from the way they were being shaped could this be affecting u or are they just so thin it wouldn't mattter
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Mine come from years of over plucking I think! lol, not to mention that now they are lighter than my hair so without pencil you cannot see them! I am hoping the bare essentuals works, Im still waiting on it to arrive... I will report back after I try it
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
242912 tn?1402547092
Teko, if you end up unhappy with the product you ordered, there's a product by Merle Norman that is specifically for the brows that I use.  Probably similar to what you've ordered.  It's a pressed powder and comes with little slanted brushes that makes it easy to apply.  Comes in light brown so doesn't show up too harsh.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks Jade. Well I got it, put it on dry and did not like it, was almost too light, so I added a little bit of water on the brush and things went much better! I I think I will check out Merle Norman too just for the color choice.  Or the eyeshadow suggestion as well. So yes the product works but I am still thinking there is something better out there. I know one lady that got the permanant eyebrow color but I dont want to do that because when Im 70 I don't want that surprised look! EW! lol
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1092524 tn?1330778710
I personally use wet'n'wild eyebrow set it looks like normal shades,
it contains wax, which ur to apply fist, and then the color , they have a cute brush and a mirror and its so cheap!
you should google it, or just any other company for eyebrow set,
it works much better than a pencil, i also have one set with a transparent template you put over your eyebrows and just fill in with the brush.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Update: I tried eye shadow in a taupe color! Awesome! Perfect! I applied it and then brushed it out and then put a clear eyelash gel over it. Great! Looks natural, adds definition without looking harsh! Great tip! Thanks to you all who posted. Problem solved!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
908392 tn?1316526499
YAY! I'm glad it worked. :D
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Beauty & Cosmetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank