Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Black hair on body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Black hair on body

Hi, I'm a 16 year old female and I have struggled with dark hair all over my body for approximately the last 3-4 years. I have it all over my stomach, back, face chest, breast and even on my bottom. I have been to the doctors 3 times now. The first time they sent me off for a blood test to test for polycystic ovaries; which I don't have. The 2nd basically said 'live with it's and the third was more sympathetic and offered contraceptive pills but stressed that it may not work at all. I have tried everything. Hair removal I feel has made it worse and so has waxing. I used to bleach my face but it was still noticeable so I now pluck it which has made the colour of that area of my face discolored.
Can anyone give me any advice on alternative treatments? I don't really have the money to pay for my whole body to get electrolysised or lasered. It is damaging my health due to needing to find other ways to make myself feel better and I have lost lots of weight. Also in the summer I have to cover the whole of my top half up and I have suffered heat exhaustion from this.  It has given me adverse issues with confidence and I feel deeply depressed because of it due to being bullied at school and i am known as 'the girl with the moustache'.
Thankyou for any help or advice you can offer me x
I was going to suggest PCOS but since they've already ruled that out I'm not sure.  I'm not sure you can treat it effectively (other than bleaching/removing it) until you have a better idea what the cause is.  Did you end up trying the contraceptive pills or not?