Cut Finger led To Strange Bump Formation on Scar
About 2 and a half months ago I cut the middle joint in my index finger open while cooking with a small, clean knife.  I cut it on the upper side of the hand.  It bled a lot, but I was able to stop the bleeding that night by applying a band aid to it.  I washed it thoroughly with soap and then applied antibiotic ointment, and then put a small splint underneath it in order to keep me from bending it while it heals.  In hindsight I probably should have consulted a doctor afterwards, but did not mind having a small scar on that joint.  

2 and a half months later the cut is healed but a relatively large bump has formed  underneath the scar on the joint.  I do not particularly care about the scar itself, but this bump is driving me crazy.  To make matters worse whenever I flex the previously injured finger in all the way the index finger begins to hurt.  It also hurts more than usual if I bump something or knock on a door.  

Is there any type of  joint injury that could explain this bump that is almost the size of a pea forming on the joint after the injury heals?  Can I expect this bump to go away after a reasonable period of time?  If not would a hand surgeon be able to remove the bump somehow?
I have the same thing on my middle finger did you find anthing that helps yet? Mine's about 8 month's.
I recently came upon your post before going to see a doctor for the EXACT same problem.  I had a blood clot on top of my knuckle after cutting it very deeply.  It was a simple procedure where he numbed it and then drew the blood out with a needle.  There was no pain during the extraction.  I'm just slightly sore now (it has only been 3 hours since I've had this done), however the pain isn't as annoying or intense as it was when the lump was still there.  I would recommend going to see your doctor to see if it's the same thing.  It was a very quick, in and out, procedure.  Good luck!
I also have a rather symetrical bump on my right index finger, 1st joint from nail, top of finger  I noticed it because it mildly itches.  I don't know if I jammed it & this is the result, or what.  
Hi there, I also have recently got a strange formation under the skin on my left hand, middle finger, palmside, middle knuckle.  I don't know what it is(sorry) but I did remove it by myself. I had to keep cutting the top of the formation like shaveing it until I saw more or less a different color in the middle of it a lil ways deep. I used a needle to poke at it threw the hole in my callus and strangely enough it pulled out in one hard flesh looking white mass. It was attached to the inner bottom of the hole slitely but broke clean and bled only a little.  Feels much better now but still going to take sample to DR.  I can move my finger more freely and don,t need to constantly pop it. If anything changes I'll post. Oh yeh just took glass same looking lump out of my left hand thumb print. It was size of marble almost but looked the same.....wasn't.
I have the same thing on my index  finger,is there anything I can do for my finger? I cut the top joint in my index finger and 2 and a half months later the cut is healed but a relatively large bump has formed  underneath the scar on the joint,please can some one help me on this one.How can i post a picture of my finger?
I had my thump cut on a soda machine getting my favorite soda out. went to an urgent care clinic and the dr. glued finger, But now after a month a bump is still there and it hurts. It sounds like it may be what you had. What kind of Dr. did you see?
both times I've had to cut my knuckle and one on the palm of my hand and after they healed is real tender and hurt like he was hitting a nerve or something but there was a little bump so I basically kicked it with a needle and got down to it in a little white ball came out perfectly round but instantly it felt better and if I bumped it or anything it wouldn't hurt and now few months later for each one 100 percent healed but what is that little white ball??  Calcium?  Fat?
I cut my middle finger knuckle with a knife in January.i got three stitches and all healed well. I now have a lump right on the knuckle and it's quite sore also find its getting hard to bend the finger without feeling it tight and sore.looking at your comments above I think I will go back to the doctor to remove it, the lump ...not the finger
I cut the knuckle accidently preparing lunch with a very sharp knife on my ring finger nearly four years ago now. It bled a lot but i just put a plaster / band aid on it till it healed. Ive lived with a big lump on my knuckle for all this time and feel i want it removing now as people have commented on it. Plus when im showing my wedding rings off im embarrassed about its 'witch' like appearance. It aches at times also, so think ill brave the doctors. Think its just scare tissue, and because its on a joint, my body has over compensated and over protected to area with a lot of extra tissue. Any views?
I have the same thing! About 4 months ago, I was trying to cut a tag off a shirt with a knife...well the knife decided to go for my hand, right on the left edge of my left hand palm. It was pretty deep in my opinion. I put a bandage on it, and little by little it healed up. But now there's a bump over it and every time I bump it into something or flex my hand, my whole index finger and one side of my hand really hurts. I was wondering the same thing, because I have NO idea what the heck is going on with that.