Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Feet! Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Feet! Help!

I have Huge, Thick, calluses on the bottom of my feet and have forever.  They are sooo thick and itchy that at times I take toenail clippers and gouge the skin right off the bottom of my feet in big long strips (OK, I know, GROSS).  I have tried everything; podiatrist who just scraped the calluses which grew right back; foot powders, creams, sprays, soaking, and now I'm on bleach.  Nothing gets rid of them.  I'm embarassed during the summer when it's cute shoe time!  Does anybody have any advice, home remedies, etc.???
Ok during the summer your feet get calluses because of the heat on the beaches or because of the friction from repetitive rubbing of the feet against sandals. I get this in the summer but not to how you described.

What I do is scrub my feet with a pumice stone in the shower. I wash my feet and dry them still moist and apply AVON Foot Works Cracked Heel Relief Cream and put on these little gel booties from earth therapeutics. In the morning I wash my feet and dry them still moist and apply AVON Foot Works Deep Moisture Cream to keep them soft when I go out. Depending on how bad it is I'd keep doing it every night until it kinda does something, but you'll notice that it does help.

I hope you do this. I for one how frustrating it is having callused heels.
I got one of those, essentially, foot files that they sell at the drugstore, and use it whenever I notice that the soles of my feet are getting rough.  If you use it every day, it will keep the problem in control.  Nothing will keep them from growing back, but you CAN manage it if you simply make it part of your daily care.
By foot file, I mean it looks like a little stainless steel carpentry rasp, except all cleaned up and medically safe for use on the feet.  It has a plastic handle, and might have been a Dr. Scholls product.  Works like a charm.  
Thanks ladies, I will try all of your suggestions.  I'll have to order that cream tbabi and I never even thought to get those booties....
pl get check blood sugar level- Fasting and PP. Similar problem was to my wife. Presently after controlling the high sugar she is much much improoved.
Thanks ak0607, never thought of that........  I will get it checked!
Ya after kinda trying everything there was, I found that the booties are what really did help. I love them.

I do think the reason I get cracked heels is because of the way I walk. There isn't even pressure and more pressures in a certain area.

But ya I'm sure it does have something to do with diet but I haven't figured out what exactly it is for me. Apparently they say:

"Cracked heels are caused by deficiency of vitamins, minerals, zinc and omega 3 fatty acids. Therefore it is essential to have a diet rich in vitamins, minerals and zinc. Omega-3 fatty acids are not naturally produced by the body, therefore it has to be ingested from food or supplements.

Here is list of essential foods that one can include in a regular meal and help curb deficiencies that may cause cracked heels:

-Vitamins (Vitamin E) rich foods include: vegetable oils, green vegetables, cereals, wheat germ, whole-grain products and nuts.
-Minerals (Calcium and Iron) rich foods include :
1) Distilled water, juices, cereals and broccoli are excellent sources of calcium.
2) Iron: Meat, chicken and fish are good sources of iron. Iron is also available in cereals, eggs, vegetables and beans
3) Zinc rich foods include: kidney beans, yogurt, brown rice, spaghetti.
4) Omega-3 fatty acids are largely found in: Purslane herb and flaxseed oil or flax seeds. "

Anyways.. hope my little knowledge on feet helped :)
Yes, you certainly helped - you are good at this stuff lol
Thank you so much for all that info!  What you said about walking kinda surprised me because I walk a little different too.  I don't step on the balls of my feet, but rather step on the heels if that makes sense.  Could be that too....
I did order from Avon that foot scrubber tool, the cracked heal relief cream, that bar of soap with the gristle stuff in it, and another cream so I can't wait get all of it and try it out.  I forgot about the booties so I will go get those soon too.
Thanks again!