Beauty & Cosmetics Community
HELP! my Hair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

HELP! my Hair

my age is 19-21 and Im litterly loosing my hair!! my hair keeps fallingout  strand from to strand! im alread getting bald spots!!! HELP why is this! i seen that maybe it can be my thyroid bt i also know that there can many more reasons for this!!!!! it scares me because here at home my hair is everywhere! about 20x out of the day i caress my hair and each time 4-6 strand come out.  im worried pretty soon it'll start getting noticable
I do apologize the name threw me. Please accept my apology. However that is good news
because obviously it is not MPB. SO that leaves us with other disorders. Not knowing your medical history it hard to call. Have you been to your doctor yet? It is sounding more like Alopecia, and the fact that it is coming out in patches, also sounds like Alopecia. There are many different things that can make you lose your hair temporarily though so I would start with your family practice doctor and he will run some test and guide you to the right specialist. Stress can be a cause too but not the amount that you speak of. Whatever it is I hope for your sake that they find the cause quickly and resolve it for you. Good Luck to you!
Need to have your thyroid checked.
If you have been using a hair color with PPD in it that can also cause itchy scalp, hair loss and allergy, so stop using permanent coloring if you are doing so, do you feel well other wise as low  thyroid comes with other symptoms ...
dont use hair coloring...never had.
  Oh Tommy I hate to even say this to you because it ***** for a young man like yourself but unless it is something like Alopecia (doctor can tell you) or some other disorder I'm afraid you are going to have to educate yourself on male pattern baldness. (I know) It comes from your mothers side of the family, if that is it, think of your uncles & Grandad on your mother's side, did they have a full head of hair? If it is it is known to start in the twentys or even the teens in some cases. These are big IF"S you should rule out other things first. The styles these days are compatible with someone who is balding, my son lost his hair in his twentys, not all of it, he still wears a pony-tail in the back and usually wears a hat. I hope I am wrong Tommy but if I am not, it isn't the worst thing in the world, it just isn't the best either. Good Luck Tommy, let us know if you want to.
umm...thanks BUT im not a guy...imma women..and ya its smart to look down the lineage and see if baldness run in the family bt fortunatly it doesnt. any other suggestions
Check out the alopecia forum we have here there is interesting input may help you
m 18 n i have extremely frizzy and dry wavy hair ....everytime i take a parting n continue it for like 2 weeks or sumthing i tend to notice hair loss in dt area i kept changing my parting but now i d patch just seems to increase in d front ...my hair volume has become pretty less and its damaged n rough ...i have major hairfall wen i wash my hair but otherwise its not much ...m really concerned bout d growing patch in d front ..its very hard to cover it up..what should i do
I don't know what to do about hair falling out, but you should check for lice and dandruff. Because lice can eat the routs of your hair and make it fall out. Should propaly go see a doctor.