Have I got tongue piercing infection?
I got my tongue pierced about a year and half ago, but I have suddenly got a lot of ulcers in around my mouth and my tongue and gums are swollen and i just wanted to know if that had anything to do with my tongue piercing. my tongue piercing looks pretty normal apart from the fact that my tongue is swollen and the end of it is numb and funny feeling as if i've burnt the to of it. also i have two ulcers under my tongue on the floor of the mouth and its created a raised bump which is quite hard when i touch it with my tongue. But it all started with just a couple of ulcers which just increased. I didnt think much of it as i get ulcers now and then but not as bad as this. its been about a week and 2 days now and its still quite painful. But yeh i would just like to know if its my tongue piercing being infected or if its just a bad case of ulcers?
Hi, sounds like it could be a bad reaction from your piercing.  Not the hole but the ball or whatever it is that you have inserted into your tongue.  If it's made of metal then there might be some type of chemical in it that's seeping into your tongue and surroundings.  Get it checked right away cause you never know it might be something serious and you wouldn't want to lose your tongue would you?  Get it checked by a doctor.  Get the right antibiotics.  It sounds like you need some.  Good Luck