Beauty & Cosmetics Community
I have brittle, fingernails that chip, help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I have brittle, fingernails that chip, help!

I have question for the community here, seeking responses asap concerning my fingernail situation. My fingernails are very brittle and chip easily and sometimes they can be a little soft different times of the year. I have had several individuals who are all women said to use a nail hardener or strengthener on them. With me being a man I am a little reluctant, about it. They mentioned Sally Hansen, is it visible on nails? Do men use such a product?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, do yourself a big favor and get yourself  a bottle of "NAIL TEK II" nail strengthner.  It's the best.  Apply once a day for a week, remove it and start all over again.  ( It dries instantly) It will definitly stop the chipping and brittleness and any other ailment affecting your nails.  Trust me.  Good Luck
Blank
hi im a girl,23 yrs old.. i have been trying to grow my nails for some time nw..but every time it grows a bit it either chips or bends.. i have been drinking milk thinking its due to the lack of calcium. I have also applied calcium nail strengthning polish.. i dont think its wrking.. any suggestions??
Blank
908392_tn?1316526499
Don't drink milk to get calcium. It's a lie that the milk company is selling to make people drink it. There is more calcium occuring in beans and nuts than in milk.

Almonds, SESAME SEEDS, Chickpeas, Collards (raw leaves), Figs (dried), Filberts (Hazelnuts) and Kale.

http://www.notmilk.com/

Anyways, the best way to get better fingernails is by eating healthy. You may not be getting enough iron, calcium, zinc, protein, silicon, and vitamins A, B complex, and C in your diet so remember to be balanced in what you eat. You can also massage vitamin E oil into the cuticles to make them grow longer before going to bed and you can try applying twice a day a good nail hardener.

I use Nubar Ridge Filler or Nubar Nu Nail Strengthener and it works for me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Beauty & Cosmetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...