Jobs and Tattoos
So my 21st birthday is coming up and ive been wanting to get a tattoo of my daughters name. The prob is i want it on my inner wrist. I have one on my lower back and thats the only places i like tatts. My prob is im starting school and after that ill be trying to get a job in either a hospital/medical office/nursing home type setting. Im wondering if this will keep me from getting a good job? I dont want it big but i really really want it there...anyone have an idea what i should do?
I love tats, I have a few myself but they are  all in hidden places unless I'm wearing a bathing suit (I like bikini's so can't hide much there!!!).

When you do go for a job, or meet the bf's family, you don't want them to be thinking of that tattoo....no matter how beautiful or tasteful it is.    In business, unless you are in the entertainment business, people will make judgments about you.  I'm not saying that's right but that's just how it is.   I don't tell anyone abt my tat's (one is pretty big but it's beautiful, my own design) but I am not ashamed of it either.  It's just a part of me that I don't really want my business associates to know about.  

If you still decide to do it, know that there might be some prejudice and be ready for it.  It might not keep you from getting a good job, but it might not help you either.  In the end, it's really what you're comfortable with but if you are asking this question, I think you probably already see that there may be problems in the future in regards to getting one in a very visable place.

One type of tat you should never get, is your bf's or husbands name.  It's bad luck.  
Good luck with whatever you do, Andrea
oh no i am getting my daughters name, and not even very big. My prob is just the getting a job, i mean honeslty i could wear a watch or bracelet and it would cover it...i know my aunt is a phlebotomist and she has a huge flower on her forearm...so im just kinda worried what if i dont get a good job because of it...but then again i think i can hide it well
You might try running this question by the nurses who participate at AllNurses.com.  This board is extremely active, and is run by nurses, for nurses, but anyone can participate.  You could probably just search their message boards for this question see a whole crop of posts on that issue.