Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Lips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Lips

I need some help for my lips.  During the winter they get so chapped they crack and bleed.  Right now I look as though somebody punched me.  And now I can't stop biting at it on top of it.  When I use chapstick it just seems to get worse.  I'm using Burt's Bees right now and it's not doing much either.  Any suggestions???
When you brush your teeth, brush your lips and it should remove the dead skin. Once you've gotten rid of the dead skin. Apply vaseline and always reapply when you head outside. The cold weather just zaps lips of their moisture. So drink plenty of water and DON'T LICK your lips - this dries it out more.

Hope this helps :)
I dont live in a cold climate now so I dont seem to have the problem but when I did I used lipstick each day and replenished it when it wore off I have heard that it protects ones lips from the cold Air that causes the dryness. My Mom used to smear vaseline on her lips .

Hope this helps :)
You should try not to bite them bc that causes further irritation, I try vasoline during the winter bc I have similar prroblems but seriously stop biting them that is only making it worse. Good Luck BB
Thank you ladies for your help, it seems Vaseline is what I will be trying next :)  I never thought of brushing my lips either, I can see how that would help.
Thanks again to all of you :)
I use petroleum jelly plus toothbrush and it is very effective. :) Afterwards, avoid licking your lips and use a lip balm. :)

[url=http://www.madefromearth.com/content/vitamin-enhanced-moisturizer]Vitamin Moisturizer[/url] ,  [url=http://www.madefromearth.com/under-eye-creams]Under Eye Cream[/url]
Thanks zel, love the avatar lol :)
If you want healthy lips always apply a sunscreen to your lips with a minimum of SPF 15. Dip a black tea bag in warm water and press it on lips for three to four minutes. This increases moisture level on skin of lips. Remove your lipstick before going to bed using a herbal cleanser and apply a thin layer of ghee on and do not lick lips repeatedly. Collagen is a protein that prevents wrinkle development around the lips. Apply lip balm or lip moisturizer before you go to bed as well as during the day - having the central heating on while you sleep can really dry your lips out. Did you know that the first lip balm was actually earwax? It worked. It just tasted foul. Thanks for sharing with us.