Beauty & Cosmetics Community
My Genital area smells really bad after I play sports or be active is t...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

My Genital area smells really bad after I play sports or be active is this normal?

So I have that question because every time I play sports I get smelly down there and I can’t help but notice other people I play with do not get the same smell or at least a smell I can smell. I’m not sure when this started I think it was during my freshmen year of high school. But it’s gotten much stronger now that I am in college and I do not know if this is normal or not could anyone help?
Also every time I look online to see if this smell is normal, people are always saying that it might be a STD and I wasn’t sexually active until my senior year. Even then I didn’t actually have sex the girl went down on me for a second and I told her to stop, after I licked her part for a second. And that was a year ago in August of 2009 and she had said she didn’t have anything. So I didn’t think about it than in February of 2010 I noticed a bump on my right thigh away from my genital area. I showed my mom who’s an RN and she said she wasn’t sure what it was and that we should get it checked out. i didn’t tell her I was sexually active at the time because I’m still a virgin and I didn’t think that that stuff could lead to an STD I thought it was only unprotected sex. But a week later the sore went away, however, I noticed before it went away that it looked exactly like a wart I had on my pinky finger. I have had warts on my toes and hands ever since I was a little boy and I wondered if this was a part of that or not. Because the ones I had on my fingers came and disappeared after a while too, and looked just like it. Or was this an STD that has made my smell worse during college?
maybe     get it looked at
I would definately get it checked out.  Have you ever tried using any types of powders to try and keep yourself somewhat dryer?  I would ask a doctor before applying it directly to your genitals, but maybe some Gold Bond body powder down the back and around the legs?  I suggest this because I take care of a man who cannot care for himself and he uses it everday because he is confined to a wheelchair and he sweats quite a bit.  The powder seems to help keep him a little dryer.  But first - please, make an appointment to see a doctor to get that bump checked out.  Good luck :)