Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Nose Job

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Nose Job

Hi i underwent a rhinoplasty operation in July. When i ititially discussed it with the docter i specified that i wanted the nose to be very sharp and change the profile view more than front on. However, it has now been almost 4months and the nose is huge (its much worse than before). I have been back to the surgeon and he has said that he can't see any problem and that it is healing fine, but the point is i'm not happy. This problem has really affected every part of my life i have lost all my confidance and i hate going out, i can barely look at myself in the mirror.

I know that i have to give my nose a year to heal, as there is probably still some swelling but i wanted to know if there is anything i can do in the meantime. I have asked my surgeon and he has only recommends things if i bring them up in the first place. Can i massage it? Is tjere any treatment available through a dermatologist, i don't know who to turn to for unbiased help. I'm afrais if i go to see another private clinic they will try to rip me off like my surgeon. I Aam considering legal proceedings. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very depressed individual
Since this sounds more like a healing issue, why don't you start with your family doctor?  You first want to make sure there isn't a medical problem before worrying about the cosmetic outcome.  Your family doc can also advise you on anything you can do at home to help things along.