Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Patchy itchy skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Patchy itchy skin

I have dark dry patches of skin on my stomach, back and breasts. I've tried exfoliants, moisturizers etc and they don't seem to work. What is this? Am I lacking some type of vitamin or mineral or something. I've had this on and off for a few years and sometimes it almost disappears and sometimes it's almost unbearably itchy. Is there a medicated moisturizer or something I can try or a supplement? I don't do drug medication.
Have you ever tried Alveeno they dont have any chemical's in it and it's great for all the part's of your body,they even sale for bathing,they have a whole collection of that product and it's great.You can buy it at any pharmacy or grocery store.Please let me kno when you will try it ok.Carmelle[pogo514]
Aveeno is a good recommendation.  hard to say w/ out seeing it and not knowing your history but sounds a lil like eczema.  My son has that and the baby aveeno works great.  He gets patches at weird times.  Usually when it is dry out or he comes down with a cold.  if that doesn't help you should see a dermatologist if it bothers you that much.