Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Sweaty Armpits

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Sweaty Armpits

this is probably more of a question for the ladies. does anyone know how to get rid of wet spots under the arms? I hate it!!! everything I wear, I sweat through within 10 minutes of putting it on. it's very embarassing. I buy shirts that I think it won't happen, and then it happens anyways. if I wear sweaters, I sweat right through them too. tried every deoderant out there, and nothing!!!! anyone else have this problem and know how to help?
U r gonna laugh but when I'm pg it's 10x's worse so I got some of DH's deo. oneday & now I've bought me my own men's deo. :) It worked!!
interesting!!! any kind in particular ?
There are prescription anti-perspirants that you can apply the previous night to help the following day. They usually contain Aluminum Chloride.
I have had the sweaty armpit thing going on and I've used everything out there.  I did try men's deodorant too and that worked pretty good (any kind- but use it sparingly because our skin is more sensitive there) and I also used this stuff that was a clear gel, and had aluminum chloride in it that wasn't prescription.  I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure you can find it, all you have to do is look at the ingredients.  It worked really well, and I think it may have counteracted my overactive sweatglands because after using it for about a year, I am now able to use regular deodorant without getting pitstains.  Don't take my word for it though, but try it and try the men's too.  There is something out there that works.
Mitchum w/the max level of active ingred.- mountain air clear gel from Walmart about $3 bucks
the active ingr. is aluminum zirconium tetra
the mens really stays clear :)  I've used many of the womens & it turns white w/in mintues in stead of staying clear :(
all of my deodorents at home have aluminum zirconium tetra something in them. is that different from aluminum chloride?
It's so embarassing isn't it!? I hate hate hate it.

thanks for the suggestions, I can't wait to try both suggestions. jojo, I sure hope I am as lucky as you!! you said yours were overactive, did you find it worse if you were anxious about anything!? also I find it worse when I have a jacket on over top and am in the vehicle. then I get them for sure.  I hope it works, I have a lot of tshirts I haven't been able to wear because of it.
You could get botox- it can be done for heavy sweating.
Try Drysol...it's formulated for extreme sweaters.  You have to ask the pharmacist for it.  I guess they hide it in the back.  Anyway, I understand it's a life saver and a clothes saver!

Worth a shot!
i would call your dr, just to get an over all check up.  but look into holistic ideas before getting any rx's.  I had a really heavy sweating problem after i had my son.  It was a hormonal imbalance which I am happy to say has fixed itself.
thanks all!! I am going to try the mens stuff, as well as that drysol. jifnif, my health is great, but thanks for the suggestion.
I know what ya mean. I sweat like a man.  I use degree. I really like it. It's heat activated.
phewf, glad I'm not alone here!

degree for women does not work for me. lucy do you use womens or mens !?
were you serious about the botox ?! does that really work! funny you would mention that, I like to read the celeb gossip mags, and there are so many famous women who have gone way too overboard on the botox.  their eyebrows are sunken into a permanent frown. anyone noticed that catherine zeta jones isn't aging but her hubby looks like he's about 75 ?  how much does it cost for a shot of botox ?
"anyone noticed that catherine zeta jones isn't aging but her hubby looks like he's about 75 ? how much does it cost for a shot of botox ?"

That would be because Catherine Zeta Jones is 25 years younger than Michael Douglas. He's 63, she's 38.
wow, he certainly looks a lot older than 63!
I'm usually very confident about myself, but now that i play volleyball, and run miles a day to maintain my figure; i sweat like the biggest pig! Guys have noticed it and rarely talk to me anymore and if they do they wont hug me. i'm not a confident as i used to be. What do you suggest for some one who doesn't have much money?
I'm a pretty big fan of Certain Dri.  I used to sweat so much under my arms that I basically could wear nothing but black on top, just to conceal the pitstains... this was actually a problem for me from the age of 14 all the way to 20.  I finally bought a little box of Certain Dri (it's a roll-on) and it does work wonders.  In fact, it seems to have helped balance out my sweat patterns...

( unless I had an extreme hormone imbalance for 6 years (which is entirely possible) and it's all coincidental.... )

Nevertheless, I would atleast give the stuff a try.  You can buy it in almost any drugstore near the regular deodorant.
well .. i have always been a sweater.
i sweat an aqful lot even if im just walking around the house .
it is indeed very embarrassing for me and as i hate my hu8sband catching me in the act,
i now have to use mens deodorant. how embarrasing is that?

SWEATTY BETTIES ALONE TOGETHER !!
Just be careful because aluminum zirconium (I believe that's what it's called) may cause cancer. My dad is a pharmacist and he uses all natural deodorant, such as Tom's deodorant, because the aluminum in most deodorants clogs the pores, which stops the sweat, resulting in the possibility of cancer. Your arms need to breathe. My best suggestion would be to talk to the doctor about it for an alternative.
I sweat an awful lot and I'm in my teens. You have no idea how embarassing it is when it happens all the time during school. I try to hide it but I can't. My mom says that it's just puberty....but none of the girls I know sweat as much as me. I could be sitting down and I have pit stains. The even weirder part is that I'm not overweight I'm pretty much the lightest girl I know. (I heard that it's normal to sweat a lot if you happen to be overweight) I have tried it all from prescription to over the counter stuff. Nothing has worked. I've used every womens deodorant I could get my hands on and I have even tried most mens deodorants and they didn't do anything for me. I need help. Does anyone know anything that could help me?
Stick with cotton clothes, along with trying the different deoderants.  A lot of the synthetic fabrics cause your armpits to not get enough air.  I'm sure there are other fabrics that work well, too, but I know cotton is a good one.  
i have the same problem i use the new secret deorderent its the strongest one from that collection, its about 9 bucks at walmart
well looks like there are loads of people with underarm problems....... here are a few tips:
for sweat:
1)use the secret deodorant at nite
2)after havin a shower in the mornin use Mitchum 4 women solid deo... tis a gel......
3)just before leaving the house use Arrid XXtra dry....
sounds like quite an effort buh itz just 1 step at night and two in the morning........ and it works.....
for dark underarms:
1) only wax your underarms regularly, dont use cream and dont shave.
2)wipe down your underarms with lime or lemon juice.... leve for 10-15 mins and wash..... do this daily and should see result.....
3)make a mixture of 1tablesp of gram flour 1tsp of yoghurt and 1 tsp of milk..... put on underarms and wash after 20 mins...... regular use will lighten underarms.....
for bumpy underarms:
1) don't shave only wax
2) use neosporin and vitamin E oil.
hope dis helps people :) x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
found summat else.......... use certain dry :) word is that its the best product yet :) x x x x x x x x x x x
try B+DRIER..it contains Aluminum Chloride..before you could only get it with a script, now I think you can even buy it over the counter at Walmart!  You are not the only one.  This stuff works and it is not expensive at all!!!!  
Will it ever go away?
i had the same problem for almost 2 years, but i took an etiquette and modeling class and one of the advisors there grew up with the same problem. she said to get Certain Dri. it's a roll-on deoderant and you put it on every night or every other night depending on how much you sweat or what your plans are for the next day and it gets rid of the problem completely. i have used it for years and it has always worked for me. i put it on every other night now because there is a new advanced formula that lasts 48-72 hours and it completely stops me from sweating.
I have dealt with that same problem for years and tried everything! All sorts of womens AND men's deo. and anti-persp.-never helped. Certain Dri-never helped. Shaving, or waxing, 2 times a day-never helped. I tryed the stay dry powder from which helped a tiny bit but still not good enough to where I could wear any shirts besides black ones. I read to take a cool shower in the morning-didn't help me. Gel deo. just made it worst. And finally I decided that maybe I should talk with a doctor. That's when I was diagnosed with primary focal hyperhydrosis. I have never heard of this before. It doesn't effect you're health and the only symptom of it is sweating in a particular spot on both sides of you're body-such as under both arms. And nothing will take it away totally, there may be a few things that can HELP, but not keep you dry. You can be cold and still sweat, maybe not as much as if you were hot, but still sweat. There are no medications for this and will probably never go away-I will just have to find my own cures or deal with it for the rest of my life which is awful because it keeps me from so much! You may want to check with a doctor to see if this is what you have. I noticed you mentioned that you're health is great but that has nothing to do with this. Neither is it a symptom of this. So you can't tell by you're health. I hope this isn't what it is because noone should ever have to go through this! Hopefully you will find something that helps, and if you do please let me know! Good luck, I know it is awful!!!
i tried certain dri and it only mad it worse...
I have a really big problem with sweating. I tried a prescription and it worked for a while and then stopped, im really self conscious about it... and that probably makes it worse. But im 15, and none of my friends sweat at all, its so embarrising! i cant wear any of my clothes, im scared to hug people, and im guessing i dont smell too great. Nothing is working... any tips?
Try constantly drinking water with lime or lemon. It cleanses the body and may reduce the sweating problem and smell.

I know a bunch of people who did this in high school and everyone else was stinky but us lol :D

I hope this helps...
hi all,

i completely understand wat u ppl r goin thru,. i remember i used to go nuts wen it used to happen to me.. believe me waxing helps..
i used to shave in the beginning n realized that my underarms used to b darker too.. then my friend suggested waxing.. it hurt in the beginning but thts it.. its was k from then on..

after waxing,1 plus pt is tht hair grws slowly..u myt c in the begining it myt grw faster but it wil reduce as u do it regularly.. and about sweating.. try putting powder after ur shower.

dont put deo directly to the skin, first apply little cream or powder and then put deo..

i have tried women deos too i have noticed they dnt stay longer n i realized some turn white wen i put..
i have noticed it for perfumes too..men's perfumes n deos stays longer than ladies man..
Sweaty armpits were a pain for me too but the simplest solution that I've found is to apply your antiperspirant TWICE a day...once in the morning, once at night. Simple but it works.

Got the info...
http://hubpages.com/hub/sweatyarmpits
ur not the only one. well i lazered my armpits but i sweat alot sadly my mom does not but my dad does an i think im worse than him.. i use lots of deo. but wenever it gets too sweaty try to wash em ..keep them as clean as u can. i get both women an men deo. shoot w.e smells good
hey everyone i know and understand what u all are going through b/c i have the same problem and i know its really embarassing. i yalked to my docrtor about it and she prescribed this deo call hypercare ive been using it for a month and it seems to be working really gud. and about the waxing thing it does help try it out.
Has anyone tried the hushed sea herbal tea for overly active sweating? If so, what were the results? I'm thinking of trying that. My arm pits sweat so bad no matter what I do or where I am. Its so embarrassing and I hate it.  
I have not much darken nor to darken underarms i want to clear what ever darkening i have plz sujjest me what shall i do?