Worried About Triclosan

I'm a teen-aged girl who has recently found out some details about the chemical compound, Triclosan. The details I've found out are pretty worrisome, such as it is linked to endocrine disruption, bacterial resistance, and even cancer. Yikes...

So far, I've found this bad guy in quite a few of the products in my home, including my toothpaste (Colgate Total), and an antibacterial soap, which I've probably been using for YEARS without knowing anything about what's in it. I feel so ignorant for not checking this stuff sooner. I'm very concerned about the damage that may have possibly been done to my health. :(

So, since I've found this stuff out, I've stopped using these products, but I'm curious to know, how long might it take for triclosan to filter out of your system, if that's possible at all? And now that I have these unfinished products with triclosan, how do I safely dispose of them? Boy, these questions are big, I know, but I'm really at a loss for what to do. I could use some helpful answers. :/