abnormal body hair
hello,
i'm 22 years old female,
I've hair covering my whole body, it's short and fine but it's black , it's the same found in my face abdomen chest back and every where , i't not in male pattern i don't have thick hair on my face.
i notice it and consider it as abnormal at puberty, but i thought it's found since childhood as more fine fewer shorter & lighter hair.
my menstrual cycle is regular and normal. menarche at 13 years old.
about my family history: my mother and sister haven't such a problem, but i don't think about 2nd degree relatives.my father is normal male not a hairy man.
please i want help, what the diagnosis & how can i rid of this disgusting problem.
Either you just have a lot of hair, which is actually not bad news because it can be permanently removed with electrolysis, or maybe it's hypertrichosis, but I don't think it is the latter because with hypertrichosis the hair is very thick and there is usually a family history.
thanks for your answer.
but electrolysis..is it used for the whole body?, and I've heard that it leaves scars.. i'm afraid of replacing a problem with another one which is untreatable
Check with the esthetician, and try a small area as a test.