Beauty & Cosmetics Community
abnormal body hair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

abnormal body hair

hello,
i'm 22 years old female,
I've hair covering my whole body, it's short and fine but it's black , it's the same found in my face abdomen chest back and every where , i't not in male pattern i don't have thick hair on my face.
i notice it and consider it as abnormal at puberty, but i thought it's found since childhood as more fine fewer shorter & lighter hair.
my menstrual cycle is regular and normal. menarche at 13 years old.
about my family history: my mother and sister haven't such a problem, but i don't think about 2nd degree relatives.my father is normal male not a hairy man.
please i want help, what the diagnosis & how can i rid of this disgusting problem.
Either you just have a lot of hair, which is actually not bad news because it can be permanently removed with electrolysis, or maybe it's hypertrichosis, but I don't think it is the latter because with hypertrichosis the hair is very thick and there is usually a family history.
thanks for your answer.
but electrolysis..is it used for the whole body?, and I've heard that it leaves scars.. i'm afraid of replacing a problem with another one which is untreatable
Check with the esthetician, and try a small area as a test.