Beauty & Cosmetics Community
acne problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

acne problem

how do i cure my acne? I'm 24 years old. i'hv been suffering acne for five years. I tried everything. but nothing happened. now my face is completely ruined. i'm totally disappointed. what should i do now? plz give me the the best solution.
What skin type do you have?  Have you made sure the treatments you used were for your skin type?  That's about the only suggestion I can given without knowing exactly what you've tried.
i used proactive step 1 as a spot treatment and left it on overnight to treat big ingrown pimples if you are suffering from them. then continued to use clean and clear mild soap (make sure it foams dont use cream cleanser if you have oily skin) get a face brush and lightly brush face with cleanser. do u use makeup? get a mild face soap like st. ives olive cleanser it removes makeup even eyeliner and mascara and astrigent after wash at night in the morning use the clean and clear mild wash to remove oil and prevent pimples. i only use face wash that foams no cream. i believe it clogs pores.i also use oil of olay scrubs for black heads twice a week. i havent broke out in a while maybe because im committed to this regimine of removing makeup and going to sleep with a clean face
Try some home remedies that will help you to remove acne soon.

• Orange peel has been found very effective in the local treatment of acne. mixed well with water on a piece of stone, the peel should be applied to the affected areas.
• Before going to bed apply ice on the face. This will reduce the inflammation and burning sensation on the skin and also help get rid of acne.
• Juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) can also be applied on swelling pimples.
• Apply a small amount of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on pimples before bed; this helps dry out the pimples.
• Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomegranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
Hello , I never had acne until he age of 21 I got it during the winter ans I tried everything I'm an athletic and not even working out helped . so I did an appointment wih my doctor he gave me a refereal with a Dr. dermatologist and she gave me soaps, creams and pills and I did exactly what she told me seriously for like a week a saw BIG results and now me face is super clear , so the best thing to do is to see a doctor hope this helped u.
Have you been to a dermatologist?  maybe you can try Retin-a..its good but not that expensive!