Beauty & Cosmetics Community
anyone tried castor oil for hair loss??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

anyone tried castor oil for hair loss??

Hi my mom is 53 she is loosing her hair now, as we can see her bald spots.. i heard castor oil helps to grow hair, i was so happy that it may helps my mom, but sadly i reserched n it came as it has mineral oil and it may cause cancer so its not good. i want to know if any one used this cator oil for hair loss, and what was your outcome? please share your thoughts, Thank you.
I have never used it for that ..but I think the sulphites in he shampoos can cause hair loss in some people tell mom to try a sulphite free shampoo, also does she feel well as some disorders can cause it, like  thyroid or diabetes .
thankx. so far i knw of she has only cholestrol prob its 246 when we cheked last time. suppose to be under 200. dr prescribed calcium n b-comp vitamins. but dont know how that bring her hair back.. recently i saw "doo gro stimulating hair growth oil" u tried that?? for shampoo she is using treseme. again thankx for the response.
i hv neva used castor oil but when my granny strtd loosin her hair we actually mixed vagisil with her grease and it grow back fast!!! u cn use any kind of grease just dnt put 2 much vagisil in there wit it just enough 2 change tha color of tha grease...i even use it on my daughter hair. it really works!!! my daughter hair even has gotten a lil texture 2 it also