Beauty & Cosmetics Community
does waxing smooth out thick hair?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

does waxing smooth out thick hair?

I have mildly thick hair around my body, like my arm and leg areas. I used to shave my arms and legs, a stupid mistake i did. now the hair grows very very thick and it turns in every which way possible. It is really really annoying and it looks horrible.I just want to know if i wax my hair around my arms and legs once and for all will it grow "normal" again?
Tags: hair, thick, body, Wax
when you begin waxing, you will still see normal growth for a month or two, especially if you have mildly coarse hair.. each hair follice has growth cycles and they are not all on the same cycle at once.  once you wax the area and catch the majority of the hairs in the anagen (growth) phase.. you will begin noticing a decrease in hairs, and won't have to shave nearly as often.  

the downside however is - if you ever stop waxing.. you may experience the opposite - the hairs would eventually return to their normal growth behavior..

in my experience, my hairs are now thicker and grow in faster now that i have stopped waxing.

all in all- wax away! just realize that it will take monthly maintenance (maybe even more often at first).. and it is best to leave it to the pros ;) and make SURE that if you go have it done somewhere- that they don't double-dip the waxing stick!!!  ensure their cleanliness for your protection!  

if you are waxing at home - you may want to look into "hard wax" - much easier to work with.
yes, waxing makes much difference to those unruly hair growth u mentioned. i was shaving my legs for a while n whn i changed to waxing, it was a relief from the very often ritual of shaving in every 5-6thday.. beiseds the hair that had got coarse, became much softer..