Beauty & Cosmetics Community
is it okay

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

is it okay

Is it okay to dye ur heart or can it hurt the fetus
I mean hair
My doc is very conservative and suggested that his patients not dye their hair.  Yet I've known hairdressers who dye others' hair all the time and breeze through their pregnancies.  My suggestion is to go with the foils and get highlights or lowlights only, the foil keeps the bleach or dye off the scalp, so whatever minimal effect the dye might have is minimized even further.  Breathing the smell for a half hour is not going to harm you, and if you're under a dryer it will be pushed away from your face anyway.  I highlighted in my second trimester and my third, and my baby's hair turned out gorgeous.  lol  just kidding.
My heart looked good too.