Beauty & Cosmetics Community
something to think about
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

something to think about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FpyGwP3yzE

Take a look at the videos, it really is something to think about. Is your image of beauty realistic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
Blank
908392_tn?1316526499
I checked it out and I have seen this before..

It's interesting. It reminds me of this: Henry James met the English novelist George Eliot (a woman) when she was 49 years old. He had developed an infatuation for her as a result of reading her famous novels. No doubt he had conjured up images of a mysterious beauty to accommodate his crush, but when he finally met her, he said, "She is magnificently ugly.. She has a low forehead, a dull grey eye, a vast pendulous nose, a huge mouth full of uneven teeth." But for Henry James, there was more than met the eye. "In the vast ugliness resides a most powerful beauty which, in a very few minutes, steals forth and charms the mind, so that you end as I ended, in falling in love with her."

Think of someone you knew who was outwardly ugly but inwardly beautiful. What made you love that person? It obviously wasn't how they looked, so does being perfect and beautiful really the most important thing?
Related Discussions
908392_tn?1316526499
I checked it out and I have seen this before..

It's interesting. It reminds me of this: Henry James met the English novelist George Eliot (a woman) when she was 49 years old. He had developed an infatuation for her as a result of reading her famous novels. No doubt he had conjured up images of a mysterious beauty to accommodate his crush, but when he finally met her, he said, "She is magnificently ugly.. She has a low forehead, a dull grey eye, a vast pendulous nose, a huge mouth full of uneven teeth." But for Henry James, there was more than met the eye. "In the vast ugliness resides a most powerful beauty which, in a very few minutes, steals forth and charms the mind, so that you end as I ended, in falling in love with her."

Think of someone you knew who was outwardly ugly but inwardly beautiful. What made you love that person? It obviously wasn't how they looked, so does being perfect and beautiful really the most important thing?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Beauty & Cosmetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...