Beauty & Cosmetics Community
strange botox side effect

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

strange botox side effect

hi there!
About 2 months ago I had my very first botox treatment for my frown lines. Everything was ok until about 2 weeks ago.  My forehead now suddenly contracts spontaneously- it feels as though it's a muscle spasm & lasts about 30 seconds. The area that was treated is now doing exactly what it was treated to NOT do. Several times a day I suddenly feel a spasm coming on & I end up looking like a Romulan!
It's getting more and more severe as time goes by. I've never heard of this happening with botox & I've heard the internet thoroughly. This is not a known side effect & my doctor is at a loss.
Any help or suggestions would be great. :(
Hi, who did your Botox?  It sounds like your doctor is not being "straight" with you.  There are a lot of doctors out there that "water down" their Botox solutions in order to save money but yet still charging you for it.  Ask your doctor what type of Botox he used and if it was 100% full strength.  He should be able to give you a straight answer and if he hesitates then you can suspect him of cheating you.  Those sound like some serious side effects and if your doctor is at a loss about it then he needs to send you to a specialist in case some real damage is going on inside of you.  Wouldn't you want to know?  Good Luck