Beauty & Cosmetics Community
why do my fingernails curl ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

why do my fingernails curl ?

I'm a 51 yr old caucasian female and my fingernails have a tendency the curl over as they grow out. This has been happening regularly for quite a few years. If I've had my hands in water, they straighten out until they have dried, then curl again. I've been told it might be a vitamin deficiency. Can you help?  Thank you, Barbara
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you've ever experianced this or know someone who has please explain I would like to know if its just a vitamin deficiency ,or ? thank you Barbara
Blank
908392_tn?1316526499
Usually an insufficient intake of the Vitamin B12 tends to cause excessively dry, very curved and rounded nail ends.

In some cases, downward-curved nail ends possibly could denote liver, heart or respiratory problems.

It could also just be a iron deficiency. :D

I know alot of people with bent nails and they just cut them a little shorter or they learn to deal with how they look.
Blank
Hydrolcloric Acid or HCL will take care of it. It did me! Take as directed with each meal. Available at all health food stores.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Beauty & Cosmetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...