Bio-Identical Hormones Expert Forum
Concerned about late period and over medicating!
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about bio-identical hormones. A board certified medical expert will answer your questions about the differences between standard hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and bio-identical hormone therapy. We hope you find our forum helpful

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Concerned about late period and over medicating!

43yr old Taking bio-identical (from compounding pharmacy)  Progestorone-200mg day1->15 400mg days 15->28. Also DHEA 50MG daily.
My period is over a week late . Do I continue taking 400mg of progesterone until period starts ? 100%Not pregnant -delay is most likely due to a lot of antibiotics and hospital stay. But do I just continue the 400mg till it starts ? Concerned about over medicating.
8846197_tn?1400507826
There is a type of birth control that is "progesterone only". These often cause patients to NEVER have a period, unless they stop the drug (skip a depo-proverb shot, etc.). It appears the high dose of progesterone is inhibiting you from having a withdrawal bleed (a period starts 1-3 days after progesterone levels drop).

You should call the office of the doctor who prescribed these hormones and ask, "Should I stop the progesterone so I could have a withdrawal bleed?". Dose adjustments appear to be necessary, and it is best that someone who has a doctor-patient relationship with you helps you figure out a better regimen.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
8846197_tn?1400507826
Kenneth N. Woliner, MDBlank
Holistic Family Medicine
Boca Raton, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now