Progesterone Cream
I am 47 yrs old had partial hysterectomy May 2013, feeling in a fog, tired low libido, and weight gain.  Friend recommended Progesterone Cream.  Used a week woke up with headache and nausea.  Just fyi the cream did lift the fog and tiredness.  Could this be the Progesterone Cream, the nausea ??
A partial hysterectomy removes the uterus, but does not remove the ovaries. However, e surgery does cut off half their blood supply, leading to an earlier and harsher menopause. Progesterone can help with some symptoms, and is rare to cause side effects (usually breast tenderness if anything). Over-the-counter Progesterone has 20 mg per gram (1/4 teaspoon) of cream, so if you were using that, the dose is probably too low to cause the nausea and headache upon awakening. More likely, a deficiency of DHEA is going on as well. DHEA is also sold over the counter, so my patients start low at 5-10 mg, and increase slowly. If acne or aggression (the most common side effects), they stop and reduce dose.