Biology, Neurobiology, General Health and Nutrition User Group
Iron-deficiency anemia
About This Group:

Have you ever wondered how your body works? How drugs affect your brain and physiology? The influences of genetic, beliefs and perception of the environment? How we are changing our brain because of plasticity? Hormones and there mechanisms of action? Amino acids and proteins? Medicinal herbs? This is the place to post. I'm studying Biology, Biochemistry and Neurobiology and i am inviting any passionate people on the subjects on anyone who have questions regarding those topics or nutrition, natural remedies/supplements, vitamins, exercise and it's impact on life etc.

Founded by M4Y0U on December 15, 2009
28 members

Iron-deficiency anemia

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes....  Back in February 2012 I went to my doctor for a routine follow-up on my BP and some medication changes.  I had been very tired and was having some menstrual "irregularities" so I menitoned that I wondered if I could be anemic.  She thought that it was plausible and ran some bloodwork.  My iron was 74ug/dl despite being on a multi-vitamin with iron.  She suggested adding an iron supplement, so I did.  A couple of weeks ago she ran some additional b/w and my iron had fallen to 51ug/dl even with the iron supplements.  Technically, I'm NOT anemic, but if it falls much more, I will be.  What can cause this?  (BTW, I'm 44, have hypothyroidism, 2 clotting disorders, have asthma, have high BP, and am not yet menopausal.)
angelm01 joined this group
Welcome them!
Tam1980 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 16
Evergreen25 commented on Shannon79's status
Apr 23