Biology, Neurobiology, General Health and Nutrition User Group
The Importance of Healthy Lifestyle and Diet
About This Group:

Have you ever wondered how your body works? How drugs affect your brain and physiology? The influences of genetic, beliefs and perception of the environment? How we are changing our brain because of plasticity? Hormones and there mechanisms of action? Amino acids and proteins? Medicinal herbs? This is the place to post. I'm studying Biology, Biochemistry and Neurobiology and i am inviting any passionate people on the subjects on anyone who have questions regarding those topics or nutrition, natural remedies/supplements, vitamins, exercise and it's impact on life etc.

Founded by M4Y0U on December 15, 2009
27 members

Hello everyone, please take a moment in your life to read this information.

There's a subject that unfortunately people are unaware or don't take it seriously that should be talked more often and a lifestyle change that should be done in correlation with traditional medicine approach and therapy. Let me talk to you about the epidemic malnutrition and how it can be the underlying cause of many diseases.

''No one is talking about this invisible epidemic even though it's the leading cause of disability, affecting 1.1 billion people worldwide.

This epidemic of "broken brains" shows up in radically different ways from person to person, so they seem like separate problems. But the truth is that they are all manifestations of a few common underlying causes.

These seemingly different disorders are ALL really the same problem–imbalances in nutrition and lifestyle habits.

The imbalances take many shapes including schizophrenia, Alzheimer's, dementia, and Parkinson's disease.

In addition, there are brain problems that fall on the lighter side of the broken brain continuum, and while many psychiatrists and neurologists wouldn't qualify these problems as treatable diseases, they still cause unnecessary suffering for many.

These problems include chronic stress, lack of focus, poor concentration, brain fog, anger, mood swings, sleep problems, or just feeling anxious or depressed most of the time.

There is an answer to brain problems, but it's not more drugs or psychotherapy. Although these tools can be a helpful bridge during your recovery from a broken brain, they won't provide long term solutions.

The secret that promises to help us fix our broken brains lies in an unlikely place, a place modern medicine has mostly ignored.

The answer lies into your body.'' -Dr. Mark Hyman, MD

You have to fix your broken brain by healing your body first. Here are the keys to heal.

-Improve Nutrition: With today's processed food and pesticides bombarded agriculture, it is really hard to get all the nutriments, vitamins and minerals the human being needs for a healthy life. Just cooking your food reduces the nutriments amounts you get and breaks down enzymes that help us digest our food. Eating enzyme-dead foods places a burden on your pancreas and other organs and overworks them, which eventually exhausts these organs. Many people gradually impair their pancreas and progressively lose the ability to digest their food after a lifetime of ingesting processed foods. Unless you tell me that you are growing your own agriculture in a rich ground without pesticides in a pollution free environment and you are hunting your own animals in the nature, you are lacking vitamins and critical nutriments. That's why vitamins supplements and other kind of supplements are critical for us westerners.

-Balance your hormones: The best way to balance your hormone is a good lifestyle with healthy diet and exercise. Exercise lowers stress hormones, boosts your energy, builds bone mass, and increases immunity. Choose an activity that you like ( walking, dancing, yoga, sports ) and do it several times a week. Healthy diet and good water intake is also important and as for what is a healthy diet i think i was clear above but i will be more clear. Eat whole, organic, unprocessed foods. Eliminate dairy foods that come from cows fed hormones that increases milk production. There’s no telling how they may affect your hormones. Go outside! Even a 30 mins walk is ok and considered exercising.

-Fix your digestive system: This is easy to do with a lifestyle change and proper diet but also consider buying a natural detox kits to promote the detoxification of your body in an efficient way when used with a good diet.

-Boost energy metabolism: Sugar, Coffee and all related products are all fake energy. Even if you are unaware of it when you run out of these you are experiencing withdrawals. The real energy is in good nutriments. Good vitamins and minerals intake is critical when talking about energy and especially the vitamins B. The B vitamins act as coenzymes, compounds that unite with a protein component called an apoenzyme to form an active enzyme. The enzyme then acts as a catalyst in the chemical reactions that transfer energy from the basic food elements to the body. The B vitamins are a group of eight vitamins, which include thiamine ( B1 ), riboflavin ( B2 ), niacin ( B3 ), pyridoxine ( B6 ), folic acid ( B9 ), cyanocobalamin ( B12 ), pantothenic acid and biotin. Most of the B vitamins have been recognized as coenzymes, and they all appear to be essential in facilitating the metabolic processes that are essential for life. These vitamins are essential for the breakdown of carbohydrates into glucose, which provides us energy, the breakdown of fats and proteins, which aids the normal functioning of the nervous system, muscle tone in the stomach and intestinal tract, and healthy skin, hair, and eyes. Since these vitamins affect such important elements of your body, a source that provides them all in a single daily supplement is recommended. The B vitamins are important for the proper formation of every cell in your body, particularly nerve cells. This is why it is so important for pregnant women to take supplements that contain the B vitamins, particularly folic acid, and why a deficiency of certain B vitamins manifests itself first as anxiety and depressed mood.

It is also important to take time to relax to avoid production of the stress hormone that is having an impact on your health by affecting your brain and immune system.

There you have it folks, you are free to do whatever you want with your life but i felt that the people needed the right information regarding a long-term solution.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask here or send me a private message.

Very best wishes,
M4  
1 Comment
Hi, actually I have questions to ask you. Just read when you free. Better tell you my case first. I met accident 3 years ago and hit my right brain. Now it affect my left part. My left body can't move well. My left eye also can't see as well. Just 2 or 3 yeard ago, I do not take care and ask questions.

But now I already work and have some problems come out. My memory also not good. I saw back my ex-video clips when I injured, really weak and can't walk as well. Now although I can walk, but left part especially left lower part leg can't move as well. i also go for fitness training, but really hard to improve a lot. I feel a bit not improving at all. Hope you got good suggestions for me.

My left eye really weak. Even my right eye can see but I think a bit worse than before. My right eye not that worse that before. My left eye can't see I also no comment but my right eye a bit weak than before. Even I tell eye doctor but also no further comment. Not sure eye doctor don't know or the real case really like that. Hope you got good suggestions for me.

For these 2 situations already make me worry and I can't happy, any good way can avoid from thinking it. Off cause I hope better than I don't need worry. But real case not like this. Do you any good ways can avoid thinking of it. But in reality, the poor eyes really worsen my mood. I try not to think it but really hard to do. I just feel relaxed when I play book game which I still can play. For a short moment I can forget the worse part.when playing but in reality, I also cannot always play it.

Besides, for my situation now, I also need to take external exam to actually gain higher salary. Before accident, I quite comfortable to take it but now a bit worse. i just think I take it as can because company allow take first time which sponsor exam fee and also study leave. I just take it for my first time only. If really bad result, then I will not take it again.

I think I more worse than before. Actually 2 or 3 years before, I didn't think like this. because eyes not worse than now. But now I worry my eyes and leg, just ask do you think any method can help to cure it or good way to improve my mood. T

Thanks a lot
Tam1980 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 16
Evergreen25 commented on Shannon79's status
Apr 23
Evergreen25 commented on desderius's status
Apr 23