11 year old with bipolar
I have an 11 year old daughter with bipolar disorder.  She is currently on meds.  The problem I am having is that when she has done something wrong and you try to stop her she immediatly goes on the defensive.  She wont stop arguing and saying that she didnt do anything to even get a word in edgewise.  Does anyone with or without bipolar have any suggestions?  I love my daughter and have tried everything to get her help.  I am just at my wits end and need some serious suggestions.
Don't really think that is a bipolar problem, I think it's a kid problem.  My son and niece are both like that and they aren't bipolar, just stubborn.  

Unless someone comes up with a reason why I would make sure she isn't allowed to argue.  My niece and her mother do this constantly.  Don't allow this in my house.  They are allowed to state their case, if they don't lie about it, but no arguing.

Good luck, 11 yo girls are f-u-n!  =(  lol
It sounds like she is just really stubborn and does not like to lose an arguement. She is also at a tougher stage in her life (nearing puberty and teenage years)and she might feel differant from others her age becasue of her disorder. try talking to her about it. let her know that there are other people with disorders, she is not alone. bipolar is just like any other illness. it is a condition treated with medicine. explain  that to her to.
I really appreciate all the suggestions.  We are definitely working on this with her.  I feel bad but I cut her off when she starts or I simply walk away.  
Sounds like you are on the right track.  I know it's hard when your child is sick and you want to just protect them, but she will really have to have a sense of boundaries and rules to grow up BP.  It's hard when you hit a manic phase anyway, but if you haven't had set rules to live by and a good guidance system I think it lets you get even more out of control.

Be proud of yourself and know you are doing the right thing.  Raising a child with BP is always going to be a challenge, but you are on the right track.

Dac--a life-long bipolar
Are you in family therapy?
good question, crzychick.  people are much more likely to take medication or give it than to take the time for some therapy.  I know even I am tempted sometime to not have to "work" at anything like that. But I'd hate to go over the side effects with my adult children once they realized what they were.   I would hope I had turned to every other avenue first. I don't envy you.  That is a tough road to go down.  But that also sounds like the 10, 12 and 14 year old girls in our family, who aren't on any meds and don't need to be.