Bipolar Disorder Community
13 year old daughter

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

13 year old daughter

My daughter has been on 5 medications in about 2 months. She was admitted to a Psych hospital, where they refused to even consider her Bipolar. She was put on Celexa and sent home with the instructions of how to "Fill Her Cup" with better decision making. She became so manic that I swear she was about to fly away....Her new Psych doctor said that her reaction was a classic diagnostic of being Bipolar. She has had alot of psychosis and other frightening reactions to every med she has been put on. She hears whispering, sees sublimanal messages on TV that say DIE and she spent 2 very long weeks scared of the "Two dead girls living in her bathroom". She saw fairies that mocked her on a regular basis, and she rages out of NOWHERE! She is now on Neurontin, working her way up to 2000 mg per day untell she is able to switch over to Lamictal. Any ideas about this current plan of action? She seems to do fair in the mid morning and up untell about 4:45 when she looses it. She gets very agitated, rages, wants to die, is hopeless. She CANT remember how well she was doing mere hours before. I end up TRYING to knock her out with the neurontin and xanax, but she still cant sleep. When she does finally sleep, she is out for much of the next day, which brings her back to another hellish evening.....What is is about the time of day? When she is manic, it is triggered at about 4:45 daily also...ANY SUGGESTIONS???????? Thanks
-7 Comments Post a Comment
I sent you a personal message.