Bipolar Disorder Community
36 weeks pregnant

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

36 weeks pregnant

I was told 4 or 5 years ago that I was bipolar by my family doctor, I was put on medicine and seen a therapist for awhile. About 2 years ago I stopped taking my medicine and the doctors said it was fine because it was under control. I was doing good with controlling my anger untill I got pregnant, now it is hard for my to control it and it is worse then what it was before. Could it be hormones or my bipolar becoming worse? It is ruining my relationship with my husband and I don't know what to do.
I personally dont think the doctor should have told you to stop taking your meds because its under controlled. That was not the right advice especially with him being a doctor and all. Your hormones alone with the pregnancy will be crazy enough to deal with, this as well as your bipolar mood swings will be nerve wrecking.  Consult a gyn and a P. doc to see what you will be able to take during your pregnancy or what can you do to control your mood swings and hormones