Abilify
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Manic Bipolar Disorder and I am currently taking Abilify. I was simply wondering if this prescription can possibly affect the patterns of a menstrual cycle??
Namaste,

Abilify is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.

Abilify is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (manic depression). It is also used together with other medications to treat major depressive disorder in adults.

In clinical trials there was no indication that Abilify effects a womans' menstrual cycle. That said, ift does not mean that it cannot effect your cycle, since all medications effect individuals differently.

If you are having irregular cycles or more or less bleeding than sual, you should bring this to the attention of your gynecologist or psychiatrist.

Michael(Jikan)
I have some weird symptoms with Abilify, I would have the ObGyn check you to be sure but the Abilify does cause strange symptoms.