Bipolar Disorder Community
Anger Anger ANGER!!!

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Anger Anger ANGER!!!

I have bipolar disorder and lately I have been so angry and irritable.  I got so angry the other day that I curse this girl out and when I got through I was so nauseous that I thought I was going to throw up. I don't know how to control my anger. Sometimes I just want to break someones face...!
The get some help, if you have a diagnosis then you are being medicated and have a doctor.  Anger is a common bipolar symptom and can be treated.

We all get that way, for me its mornings.  There are ways to deal with it.
new to this site only here out of desperation, my son has been diagnosed and is now taking albilify and well buetrin m.s.--for bi-polar.. it is very hard to be on the other side of this or maybe i have it myself but i have no insurance to get treatment for me i do for my son i am not to up to date on bi polar can someone give me some ideas on how to help my son and self   thankyou
OK the first thing is to not despair - there's lots of information out there on Bipolar disorder for you to start your education with.

I guess the first questions are the easy ones - how old is your son?  Was he diagnosed by a pdoc?  

On the meds :
abilify is an atypical anti psychotic which has been proven to be effective at manix control in Mood disorders such as BP - you can read about it here at the abilify website as a starting point : http://www.abilify.com/abilify/home/index.jsp  . They also have some useful information on the disorder and how abilify works to help control moods. - it seems to have less side effects than some drugs of its type based on what I have read.

wellbutrin is an SNRI Anti Depressant - SNRI stands for Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors - this is a class of anti depressant which blocks serotonin reuptake which has been proven to manage depression - SSRI drugs can be very bad things for BP's as they can cause mixed episodes and SNRI's seem to be safer - Wellbutrin XL also has an informative website here : http://www.wellbutrin-xl.com/

As to general education on bipolar there are some excellent books to look for - first one is "The Bipolar Handbook" by Wes Burgess MD - this is an excellent book in a question and answers format.  Another is "Break the Bipolar Cycle - A Day to day guide to living with bipolar disorder" by Elizabeth Brondolo PHD and Xavier Amador PHD - this one has sections for family and checklists.

Online resources are also vast - some good ones I use are Black Dog Institute - its an Australian website but has excellent resources - http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/public/bipolardisorder/bipolardisorderexplained/index.cfm

I also like the Organisation for Bipolar Affective Disorder which is in Calgary and they have an excellend downloadable PDF book you can download free - http://www.obad.ca/book

Thats a starting point - the most important thing to remember is you are not alone, there are plenty of us here who will offer any help we can.
Anger is a major part of my Bipolar too. Sometime I dont leave the house in fear i will kill someone. When this happens with me the Dr sends me for a Medication review. I hope this helps. Good Luck in College : )
Oh I forgot to mention - Anger is normal in bipolar's, its part of the disorder and we all suffer from it sometimes.
Thanks for your comments. I went to my therapist and we talked about everything. Then she had me talk to my doctor who has now changed my Medicine to Lithium. I really do hate changing meds...