Bipolar Disorder Community
Anger issues

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Anger issues

I have started to have anger problems, and don't know how to deal with them since I have never had these problems long term. It is like I wake up angry. Last night I banged my medicine bag on the floor very hard about 4 times and broke about half my medicine bottles, turned some of my medicine to powder, broke my pill box in half, and broke my pill cutter. I have been having women issues with my periods going off and on about every two weeks which is bad since I have Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (which they don't have a forum on here for), and have been depressed off and on for at least a month because of it. I also have been experiencing pain everyday and might have fibromyalgia. I think between these issues it is really taking a toll on my emotional state.  I feel like I have this nervious angry energy bubbling up inside me all the time. After last night I went to the crisis center and got a sooner appointment, but is still not until December 26th. Anyways I was just wondering how to deal with this anger and if anyone knows what medications work to treat anger?
  There is a potential that some of your physical conditions might be causing this or worsening this and the medications for them interacting with other medications you are prescribed. It would be worthwhile to have that ruled out by having your doctor and your psychiatrist be in touch with each other  about this.
After that they could see what to do and if the concern is psychiatric what the appropriate next step would be within their clinical discretion but they probably need to speak to each other anyway to be sure the appropriate medications are prescribed as for interactions, side effects and beneficial effects. Also think back when this concern started and if it has worsened over time and discuss that concern with them. If one doctor is following up with all of these concerns it would be a worthwhile issue to bring up regardless.