Bipolar Disorder Community
Any comments on Latuda would help

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Any comments on Latuda would help

Years ago I was on Zyprexa for one year and gained 60 lbs.  I then took Seroquel for several years and my weight stayed stable, but still overweight 60 lbs.  I then took Geodon (Zeldox) and within a year I had lost 30 lbs without changing anything in my diet or exercise.  For the first 10 months I felt great.  I had so much more energy, I felt like I was coming out of a long period of being a zombie.  Unfortunately I had to stop Geodon because it started causing anxiety.  So went back to Seroquel XR last year and have gained 20 lbs and back as a zombie.  Now I'm starting Latuda, which apparently does not make one gain weight.  I don't know whether it will make me feel anxious like Geodon did.  Any comments will be appreciated.  I've been trying to figure out what is the difference between Geodon and Latuda in terms of side effects like weight gain and anxiety problems.  On Seroquel XR my anxiety was completely under control but I did feel like a zombie a lot of the time and needed at least 10 hour sleep.  
Hello and welcome to the forum,
I don't know anything about Latuda but check back often and someone may have some input.
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Larry
Hi Larry:

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.  Very nice of you.  Just found it tonight while searching info on Latuda.  I've read several posts dealing with weight gains & medication and found the forum interesting so decided to join.
It is a great forum and although it can be slow at times you will be able to gain a lot of knowledge from people's stories and experiences.