Bipolar Disorder Community
Anyone have/had a child born w/ birth defect?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

July of last year I had a daughter born with several holes in her heart, VSD, and aortic coratation of the aorta. Since than she has had two open heart surgeries and nothing genetically was found worng. I was taking lamictal 200mg and vyvanse 70mg. I found out I was pregnant Nov 2010 stopped the vyvanse the very next day, but was told to continue taking lamictal. The doctors say there aren't studies that prove lamictal causes birth defect and there aren't studies that say it won't. If I took legal action would there be any real case??
I think there would be a real case involved with this. Several people are suing because of the birth defects to their children recently. Not sure if you'd make any money from it though because of all the suing
yes i think so because my psy doctor says that you should not be on any mood stablizer while pregnant because they can cause heart defects. im on seroquel which is a anti psycotic but can help to control moods. im looking at getting pregnant and he told me that this medication should be safe. i was on lithium and i had to get off of that because you cant get pregnant on that medication.