Bipolar 2 alchohol
Just diagnosed bipolar 2 a few months ago and started Lamictal recently.  is it okay to have a glass of  champagne twice a week while on Lamictal?

Thanks.
It's strongly recommended you don't drink any alcohol if you do a quick google search for the interations.
I take no meds for bipolar, but stopped the occasional drink of alcohol because bipolar and alcohol are not a safe mix. The reason is, I am not totally aware of my moods all the time. I coukd be hypo manic and not know it, have a drink and end up psychotic. Most the time a drink or two is fine, but that one time I am slightly manic and drink makes all the okay nights of drinking not worth it. That is me, you may be fine, but I am not the only one who has had alcohol trigger a major episode, on or off Meds. With risoeridole, I wouldn't even think of it. Be careful with your mind. Is 2 drinks a week going to help you maintain balance, relieve anxiety, why is it so important to you?
The earlier comments sound a bit...boring in my opinion. I think its perfectly fine to enjoy a drink sometimes but in excess it can admitedly get messy. But excess for me is over 6 beers. Everyone has their own tolerence and interactions. So if you plan on getting drunk, just proceed with caution.