Bipolar Disorder Community
Bipolar 2 alchohol
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bipolar 2 alchohol

Just diagnosed bipolar 2 a few months ago and started Lamictal recently.  is it okay to have a glass of  champagne twice a week while on Lamictal?

Thanks.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It's strongly recommended you don't drink any alcohol if you do a quick google search for the interations.
Blank
I take no meds for bipolar, but stopped the occasional drink of alcohol because bipolar and alcohol are not a safe mix. The reason is, I am not totally aware of my moods all the time. I coukd be hypo manic and not know it, have a drink and end up psychotic. Most the time a drink or two is fine, but that one time I am slightly manic and drink makes all the okay nights of drinking not worth it. That is me, you may be fine, but I am not the only one who has had alcohol trigger a major episode, on or off Meds. With risoeridole, I wouldn't even think of it. Be careful with your mind. Is 2 drinks a week going to help you maintain balance, relieve anxiety, why is it so important to you?
Blank
13506861_tn?1430257025
The earlier comments sound a bit...boring in my opinion. I think its perfectly fine to enjoy a drink sometimes but in excess it can admitedly get messy. But excess for me is over 6 beers. Everyone has their own tolerence and interactions. So if you plan on getting drunk, just proceed with caution.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...