Bipolar Disorder Community
Bipolar disease with pain pill addition

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Bipolar disease with pain pill addition

SUBMITTING MY FRIEND IN A PSYCHIATRY HOSPITAL IS OUR ONLY WAY OUT?

Due to several surgeries and family history of bipolar disease my friend of 34 years old mother of  twins. Has become out of control. She has threatening with suiciding herself because she is in too much back pain. It has been rule out with MRI's and X-Rays. She had told us that she is not taking any more of pain pills, but is pretty obvious she is laying her speech is giving her away. She is not eating much and has lost about 26 lbs in less than 4 months. SHE IS GETTING HELP WITH A PSYCHIATRY JUST NOT DOING ANY GOOD. She is walking out of the house in those conditions we are concerned about her getting hurt or hurting other in an accident.
She might very well need psychiatric help but if she has an addictive disorder as well that requires rehabilitation. If she has a psychiatrist you should speak to them. If not the only way she can be hospitalized is if she is "dangerous to herself or others" but that is the last route. Its more important to speak to her doctor who might be prescribing her the pain medication, depending if she needs it. If she is taking it on her own without a prescription and doesn't need it that's far more of concern. Best to follow up with her doctors first. They may not be able to discuss her but they will note any information you inform them about and follow up.
She has changed from one clinic pain to the other until one they denied any prescription. My friend's father called her psychiatric office when was talking suicidal but guess what? They never call back. After calling the office several time the nurse toll us to call 911 next time, unbelievable. They main problem is that she won't listen to anyone and blame everyone for her problems (typical from her illness). WE have had to restrained her from her walking out the house at night when she had broke down in tears all of the sudden. Her ex-husband  is other problem he is not a good person and is always giving her a hard time the girls. I believe this is getting to her. We have told her to ignore that @#$% , but she is way too sensitive.