Bipolar Disorder Community
Bipolar

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Bipolar

I am bipolar and i sleep alot is this normal?
I was told iam bipolar 5 yrs ago and i just started to sleep alot in
the last year........
In depressive stages it is common to sleep alot, but if you are only having depressive stages, it might just be depression.
I sleep a lot when I am in depression. Even normally I require at least 8 hours usually 9 hours for a decent night sleep. Any less than that and I notice it.
I sleep 10 hours at night and usually take a 2 hour nap during the day.  Part of it deals with depression and part of it deals with my medication.  There are times that I will wake up at 3am and can't go back to sleep and then I definitely have to take a nap during the day to make it through the day.