Bipolar Disorder Community
Bipolar?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Bipolar?

I am 15 (girl)and  I think I have bipolar disorder...so today I went from pretty happy,to depressed,to manic and I couldn't stop talking and moving,and then back to depressed...this happens on a daily basis...when I'm manic I'm so unfocused and hyper but when I'm depressed I have thoughts of suicide and I also cut myself...my mom is bipolar and I just feel like I can relate to all her symptoms and I'm just really worried because of all the stuff I do and think and I feel like I need to get help but Im afraid to tell anyone about this cause I'm worried of how they will react...especially my parents because they think I'm just the happiest person in the world and I just don't know what to do...
If I can offer any advise then it would be to confide in your mom if you can, you can explain that you are worried about the way you are feeling and perhaps she will get you into see a doctor. No one here can diagnose you and if you are showing signs of bipolar then the earlier you get diagnosed and treated the better. Either way things are not right if you are feeling and thinking the way that you are. So reach out to someone. I have 4 children and I would hope that they were able to turn to me if they were sufferring.
I agree with hell1971. You should go get some help from a doctor. If your mother is bipolar I am sure she could understand. You especially should get help if you are cutting yourself that is bad, and I know how that goes because I have also done that. It is not a healthy way to deal with it. Also it is better to get help sooner so it can be better controlled in the future. I am also a mother, and I would want my children to come to me so I could help them too.
Reach out to someone. If you do have bipolar you're not alonw. Your mom of all people would be understanding. I know what its like to pretend you're the happiest person in the room. Reach out you deserve it!
I'm the same age and thinking the same thing too. Like, it's just waaaaay to crazy and out of controll to be something like depression or anxiety. Just make sure to find someone who takes you seriously. I have never been diagnosed properly before even though I have been seeing people for the past 3-4 years. Take care of yourself!