Bipolar Disorder Community
Bipolarfamily

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Bipolarfamily

Does any one ever feel like know one really understands you and behind closed doors everyone just gets sick of supporting you being bipolar? Cause it is a lot of work sometimes
Some times all we have is our self.  I feel that I am going to have to spend the rest of my life in temporary relationships and temporary friendships but at least I get to live.  I hold onto hope that I will find someone who can deal with me some day but I assume that will be a therapist.
Avatar n tn
yes just relax try keeping a journal and when your having feelings like this go to it and just let it all out .. and then do something fun  that you like to do also could be your meds needing adjusted talk to your dr
I definitely feel that way. My husband has pretty much said that he's sick of supporting me, and I should just "snap out of it." No amount of explaining will alleviate his frustration. But, I can only do what I can do. I have to rely on myself, my therapist, other family members, and a few of my friends to keep myself on track.
Avatar n tn
I have mostly lived a normal life up until 7 years ago when I was diagnosed as having Bi-polar disorder. Thank God my husband has stood by me!  My mother, father and brother have disowned me.  Whenever I'm around them they ignore me and try to pretend nothing is wrong. I am not invited to any family events. We built our house on the family farm between my mom and dad, and my brother and his wife.  We have lived there for 25 years. Because of their inability to accept me for who I am, we have been forced to put our house up for sale.  We currently live in his deceased grandfather's house 20 miles away.  The really sad part is that my husband is a minister and they won't even visit us at church to hear him preach.  I also have 2 children ages 17 and 11. They won't have anything to do with either of them.  I believe I have become an embarrassment and a disappointment to them.  They perceive me as a failure.  I was an RN for 26 years and no longer work due to the unpredictability of my symptoms.
My family other than my husband and 2 children, do not understand what being Bipolar means.  I've done and said many things I wish I had not.  I've apologized many, many times but they refuse to believe I am truly sorry.  Being Bipolar means being misunderstood and blamed for things you had no control over.  It's a very difficult and lonely life.