Brain Injury. Non genetic Bi-polar
I am currently on 2500mg of Epilim and 125mg of Seroquel per day.
My querry relates to understanding potential long term side effects.
I have been fully assessed (10nights in psychiatric hospital -full evaluation.)
I have Frontal lobe injury and stroke recovery.
I was not born with any conditions.
Alot of my exhibited medical concerns relate to the injury, not any genetic condition.
Mania has occured in the past but is now under control with medication and therapy.
Neuropsychologist comes to  my home for at least an hour or two to thrash out my social understanding on what is appropriate and natural to do for me as an individual.
I get offended by the way the term "Bi-Polar" is thrown around by ignorant ****.
How do people with either Injury related Bi-Polar or Genetic Bi-Polar communicate with these ****?
   A traumatic brain injury is a completely separate condition from bipolar as it is neurological in origin (unless bipolar is diagnosed as well) although the medications may be the same. The specific terms are just clinical terms. What is more important is how they treat an individual and if you have specific concerns it would be worthwhile to discuss it with them and explain what you would like to see done. The information about all side effects both short term and long term is on the medication websites as well as the P.D.R. (Physicians Desk Reference) which should be at your local library. You can read up on the information and then discuss it with them. There are also support groups and agencies for a person with a T.B.I. that can be of help.