Bipolar Disorder Community
Can depression make you stupid?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Can depression make you stupid?

I realize that depression can tune down your cognitive abilities, it even has a name "pseudo-dementia"  how common is that?

Tags: Bipolar Depression, pseudodementia
It happens to me. I become dumb dumb dumb.
If you click on the videos and scroll down the list on the side there is a video on memory and depression.
it's my very first time on medhelp, I looked n cudnt find it, where are the videos?

ehem see what i mean by depression makes u stupid :s
In the middle of the posts (Just above the one that says it happens to me ... ) There is a box that says "Featured videos", if you click on any one of those videos another box pops up with a scroll along one side, and near the bottom is one on memory.

Good luck
Depression can make the brain not work as effectively as it normally could, if that's what you're asking.