Chronic pain
I'm tired, not emotionally, but physically drained. Following my surgery these last 2 weeks has wiped me out. My emotional well-being is high, yet stable, incredibly so....But, my physical state is dangerously low. I feel like one more set-back, occurence will topple me. I need encouragement, my love-life is way supportive, but the 'odd times' are barren. I hurt physically & I am scared. I don't want to die, or slip in a seizure, or go down-hill. But, I am afraid of those possibilities. The infection has me worn down, the pain is incessant, the hunger from the steroids is a pain, everything is wearing on me. All I want to do is cry & go to sleep. Not due to depression, but just exhaustion. I'm very lonely in the wee hours, but realize my love can't be held responsible for me 24/7....I know I'm whining, but, honestly I can't stop. Thanks for letting me rant. *hugs* Tres
Your circumstances are well understood. Having a physical disability and a psychiatric disability at the same time can be very hard and the medications can interact. That's my own personal circumstances as well. As for what to do about the physical medications that would be best to post in the forum for that. What I take are anti-spasmodics and anti-Parkinsonian agents but again a different forum. But as to how to emotionally cope with it that's essential and support groups can be of help. Also make sure your psychiatrist has the standard mood stabilizers adjusted and directly speaks with your doctor so they aren't interacting or at least minimizes it.