Bipolar Disorder Community
Do I have Bipolar Disorder?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Do I have Bipolar Disorder?

I have looked on webmd and saw the symtoms (symptoms) of bipolar disorder and it matches a lot of things I experience. I had problems with self harm and my moods change so quickly. Like ill be severely depressed and the next day ill feel normal. I know this isn't natural and I haven't consulted a doctor, but from my symtoms (symptoms) and description, do you think I have BPD?
It is very possible you could have it I found I had about a year ago. How long have you noticed your mood changes?  What made you look up bipolar disorder? And is there a family histoy of being bipolar? And your best bet is to discuss a doctor because it could be something else going on besidesthe bipolar that's the only real thing. You can add me to your friends and keep me posted on whats goin and what the doctor says,I am on all the time and if you have any other questions or just want to vent I am here I am a good listener and I like to help people out who have the same disorder as myself
It might also be borderline personality disorder or something else I'm not thinking of, that tends to be hard to distinguish from bipolar disorder.  This is why it's important to discuss with your doctor and ultimately a psychiatrist.
I've noticed the changes in my mood about a year ago and heard about BPD. There is no record that I know of of my family having BPD but I really think I do. It would explain a lot. Do you think I have BPD? I have moods where I feel ok and then just completely break down and feel so depressed and worthless.
I honestly couldn't tell you without being around you but it does sound like you do because I go through thief all the time, I have days where I am on top of the world and the next second I am down in the dumps and that's part of having bpd and you never really know when its goin to happen something small can trigger it and it really *****
That's exactly what happens. And sometime I think I can take on really big challenges and do a lot of work, and then I'll just fall apart and can't do anything. Should I talk to my doctor and my therapist?
Yes I think you should talk to both of them, that way you guys can come up with a plan and meds to help you try to keep your episodes from happening all the tome. Your still going to have them but less often and less severe
So what does the medication do? I mean I've never taken meds unless its like Tylenol or Advil. Will it control my moods and make me more calm or something?
Yea the meds will stabilize your moods and keep you from having rapid thoughts and depression or having the feelings of being on to of the world