Dysphoria
I went to see my psychologist and as we got to talking she mentioned that i was (or seemed to be) dysphoric at the time. What is dysphoria in relation to bipolar disorder? I mean i have read about dysphoric mania, but that wouldn't make any sense as to my current mood. I am not manic whatsoever, infact i am spiraling downward into a depression, unfortunately. Anyways the question remains as What is dysphoria in relation to bipolar disorder and/or bipolar depression?
thanks for reading
Yes I experience dysphoria quite frequently although the cause may be other than psychiatric but before recovery I experienced dysphoria all the time. My psychiatrists didn't tell me because they didn't inform me on clinical language until now. Dysphoric mania is different from standard mania or depression. Its a form of mixed state. In dysphoric mania a person is depressed but is also fixated on it or obsessed with it in a way that they are speeded up that is manic. It seems impossible to be manic and depressed and the same time but it is. The opposite is an agitated mixed state where a person has the anger and aggressiveness of bipolar but the down quality of depression. I've experienced both before recovery. Thankfully what I am on now treats both and the specific form of recovery is complex but the feelings are very common.