Bipolar Disorder Community
Extreme Anger
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extreme Anger

HI
I am new to this forum, I came here because I am in a relationship with a man that I think is bipolar. I am a little confused because  I dont see alot of depression with him. He has more episodes of anger for little things at the drop of a pin. I dont know how to deal with it anymore, its taking a toll on me. I have seen him go from bubbly happy high energy  moods to extreme anger over little things. I have noticed that he is going to bed later and sleeping later. One day he can be just fine and wham all of a sudden the next day he wants to break up because his schedule conflicts with mine because we  cant get together since he has slept in till 1:30 P.M
we broke up today for the 100th time and maybe the final time it's been like this for eight years its like being on an emotional roller coaster with him. I never know what to expect. I think he is bipolar but I dont see alot of depression from him just meaness and maniac epsiodes.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
Well sometimes extreme anger can come from an agitated mixed state which has the speeded up quality of mania but the down aspect of depression. A lot of the other issues you described (impulsivety, sleep disruption) can come from bipolar as well though only a psychiatric could provide a conclusive diagnosis but it would be helpful for him to see one.
Blank
952564_tn?1268372247
I would say he needs to speak to his doctor, but it also sounds like it could be boarderline personality disorder, which causes a lot of similar issues to bipolar but primarily in relationships. The on again, off again way he breaks up with you over little things is what makes me think this. Also, he could have more than one issues happening at once, so he does need to see a doctor since it is effecting his day to day life.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank