Bipolar Disorder Community
Extreme relationship

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Extreme relationship

I'm only 14, and although I know my hormones are running crazy with all my teenage mood swings I don't think they are THIS extreme. I recently made a new friend this year but I've known her for 3. I can go from wanting to be her only and best friend to getting incredibly annoyed by her and telling her friends to disown her. She's so sweet and I have no right to think this. This also happened last year. I was one girls casual friend and literally over night I loathed her for no reason at all everything she did and still does annoy me. Just, it doesn't seem normal. I have other mood related oddities, but I can't tell if this is normal teen mood swings or what. Sometimes I will start a sentence loving somebody and end it loathing them. It just doesn't seem normal
I would talk to an adult like a counselor at school or a trusted parent or other adult.  This seems a little more than just teenage mood swings.  It's not entirely normal to go from one extreme to the other.  I never was like that and I've never known any other teens from my generation or even my sister's (except one of her friends who recently started acting this way at 18/19.) to be this way.  It's either an insecurity you need to address or something going on, but talking to someone will help you get to the root of it!

Best of luck!